Recipe Ingredients: For the meringue: 1 cup sugar 3 egg whites (room temperature) 1/2 cup water For the cake: 5 tablespoons unsalted butter (at room temperature) 1/2 cup granulated sugar 1 cup whole milk 3 eggs 1 cup flour 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder 1 tablespoon vanilla extract 1 1/2 pounds fresh strawberries, washed and hulled, sliced
I have been making this delicious strawberry meringue cake for years and it has taken many different forms over the years: it has been made with strawberries and powdered sugar, strawberries and cream, strawberries and sugary crumbs, and strawberries and whipped cream. But this recipe is the best of all because it combines all the best flavors in one and adds a perfect amount of sweetness.
The Strawberry Meringue Cake is a cake made with strawberries, egg whites, and sugar. It is a pound cake, also known as sponge cake.
Strawberry meringue cake is a decadent and magnificent dessert prepared with two crispy discs of French meringue, whipped cream, and strawberries, and finished with a dusting of powdered sugar and numerous tiny meringues. It’s a simple yet elegant dessert that’s ideal for a special occasion like a birthday or supper with special guests. The meringues must be cooked slowly and thoroughly to ensure that they are absolutely dry and faultless, but once they are, assembling the cake is simple and fast. So, let’s see how to create strawberry meringue cake by following our step-by-step instructions.
– It is critical that the egg whites be extremely fresh and at room temperature for the best meringues results. They should be mounted with electric whips, and plastic bowls should be avoided in favor of absolutely clean steel or glass containers.
– If you want your meringues to be extra glossy, add a few drops of lemon juice to the recipe to help mask the egg scent.
– To avoid fractures on the top or a yellowish tint while cooking, the meringues must be baked at a low temperature of no more than 200 degrees F. Cooking in a convection oven is preferred.
– For an even more delicious final result, you can also garnish the meringue cake with toasted coconut chips or dark chocolate chips. You can have fun composing the meringue cake using berries instead of strawberries or custard instead of whipped cream.
Strawberry Meringue Cake Storage
The meringues may be kept at room temperature for over a month, dry and unstuffed, in a tin box. They tend to disintegrate quickly when they come into touch with wet materials. As a result, it’s best to serve the meringues right away after filling and decorating them with whipped cream and fresh fruit.
Strawberry Meringue: How to Make It
Pour the egg whites into a bowl (perhaps made of steel) and use the electric whisk to beat them at maximum speed.
Add the granulated sugar when they begin to froth, and whisk for another 10 minutes, or until smooth and glossy.
Add the well-sifted powdered sugar at this stage, pouring it twice and swirling with a spatula to avoid breaking the egg whites.
Line a dripping pan with parchment paper and cut out two 18-cm-diameter discs. Collect the meringue in a sac à poche fitted with a star nozzle and use it to make the two circular bases first, followed by numerous tufts of meringue until the mixture is gone.
Bake everything at 200 degrees F for approximately 1 hour and 40 minutes for the meringues and 2 hours and 30 minutes for the bases. Remove them from the oven and set them aside to cool. Place a disc on a wire rack after it has cooled and fill it with numerous tufts of whipped cream (approximately 2/3 of the total).
Half of the strawberries, cut into pieces, should be spread on top.
Overlap the second meringue disc and finish with tufts of whipped cream, sliced strawberries, and the previously created meringues.
Finished with a dusting of powdered sugar and a few mint leaves. Serve right away and enjoy!
Meringue is something you only see in fancy French pastries or when your mom makes you a cake with it, right? Wrong. Meringue is actually a great dessert that’s super yummy. And, it’s better when your meringue is made with strawberries!. Read more about meringue cake pavlova and let us know what you think.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- strawberry meringue cake
- strawberry meringue pie
- strawberry meringue layer cake
- strawberry meringue dessert
- strawberry meringue torte