Oyster soup (called oyster stew) is very similar to classic mussel soup. It is a thick, creamy soup that is nutritious and delicious. There are several possibilities for this dish, depending on the city you visit. Manhattan has a red version, in Rhode Island, which is often understandable, but this recipe is the New England recipe, inspired by white powder.
By following this recipe, you use canned oysters, so already cooked. This means they only need to cook for a few minutes to warm up. If you fry these seafood, they will turn into unpleasant, chopped pieces, so watch your food until it’s cooked.
How to cook oyster powder
Preparation time : Ten minutes. Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 3 Meat bacon
- ½ Cutting leek
- 2 peppers
- 2 celery stalks
- ¼ cup of onions
- 2 peeled potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 flower chips
- ½ Glass of fish stock (broth)
- 1 8-ounce oyster can be thrown away, juice can be thrown away
- ¼ Corn in jars
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 glass of milk
- ½ Cup of oily cream
- Fresh parsley, for side dishes.
- Add a little oil to the pan and fry the bacon over medium heat until brown. Remove the stove and move aside.
- Grind the leek, chili pepper and celery with a sharp knife and chopping board and then cut the leek into fine cubes. Finally, cut the potatoes into small cubes.
- Pour the oil into the pan and heat it to an average temperature. Add the potatoes, leek and leeks and cook until cooked.
- Add the flour and stir until the vegetables are well covered. Mix the bacon, broth and oyster juice and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and allow liquids to boil for 5 minutes.
- Add the oysters, corn, salt, pepper, milk and cream. Boil the potatoes for 5 to 7 minutes or until cooked. Add the oysters and boil them for three minutes, leaving enough time to warm them up.
- Serve in soup bowls and sprinkle with fresh parsley. As a side dish you can serve oyster crackers and sandwiches.
Oyster stew is usually served with crackers.
3 Tips for improving portion quality
1. Working on texture
For a thicker infusion, add half a glass of broken crackers when adding oyster juice. You can also add a piece of butter just before serving and stir to make the dish more intense.
2. Control salt
If you use canned oysters, do a taste test and if necessary season them with salt.
Worcestershire sauce is an excellent addition to the recipe. Add a few dashes and stir in the soup before adding the oysters.
3. Consider new
If you like, you can use fresh oysters in this recipe. You need a quarter of the bottled mussel soup and oyster liquid in fresh mussels. You can also throw fish, scallops, mussels and clams to enhance the flavour and create a more visually appealing dish.
Fresh oysters can be used instead of canned oysters.
Looks like a lecture:
Discover the taste of mussels and whether they are worth it.
Discover the taste of a sea urchin.
Get a sashimi recipe from Geodukten.
- Southern states usually prepare oyster powder for a special Christmas dinner. In New England, this dish is more often served on Thanksgiving.
- Due to its seafood content, the powder contains large amounts of zinc, magnesium, protein, iron, calcium and vitamin A; however, it also contains a lot of sodium and saturated fat, so it should be consumed in moderate amounts. The source.
- Oysters have been consumed for thousands of years, even before the time of the Roman Empire. Their taste changes radically depending on their environment and the food sources around them.
- Drainage, invasive species and overfishing all contribute to a significant reduction of the oyster population in the world.
- An oyster can live in captivity for up to 20 years.
Frequently asked questions
What about oyster stew?
Excellent products associated with oyster stew include scallop potatoes and garden salad with vinaigrette to add freshness, crunchy texture and acidity to the meal. The bitterness of rocket leaves is a good option because it provides some relief from a heavy, rich pot. If you decide to serve wine, a good bottle of Riesling is sufficient. Do you prefer red? Choose Cabernet Sauvignon for the perfect dinner.
How long does oyster stew last?
Steamed oysters can be kept for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator in an airtight container. It can also be frozen for up to two months. When it is time to reheat the stew, let it thaw overnight in the fridge and then slowly reheat it in a saucepan without letting it boil. Microwaves are too strong and can cause an unpleasant breakage of the liquid.
What are oyster biscuits?
Oyster crackers are round crackers that are usually quite small and tasty served with oyster stew. These appetizers do not contain oysters, but some believe the name comes from a shape resembling an oyster shell. Others say they owe their name to the fact that they are usually served with oyster stew.
How do you make this dish more elegant?
The secret to giving the authentic oyster powder an avant-garde look lies in the fact that a mini toast has been applied to each shell, sprinkled with sour cream and then sprinkled with caviar and fresh parsley. If you want to know the difference between venison and caviar, read our detailed article.
Do you like canned oysters?
Don’t forget to check out more of our favourite recipes for canned oysters on this page.
Oyster soup is an attractive, homemade dish that is hard to resist on a cold night. The creaminess is deliciously combined with potatoes, bacon and oysters. The best thing about this recipe is that the seafood comes out of a can, so there is no need to prepare the seafood – a routine job that many people don’t like.
What’s your favorite food? Please let us know in the comments below.
viet nam nước mắm,peanut nuoc cham,nước mắm pha,types of fish sauce,ways to use fish sauce,sticky rice dipping sauce,how to use fish sauce in soup,how to use fish sauce in noodles,how to use fish sauce in stir-fry,chemical name of fish sauce,fish sauce recipes for white fish,how to prepare fish sauce,best thai fish sauce,thai fish sauce vs oyster sauce,mini fish sauce,bottled tamarind paste,thai fermented fish sauce,red boat fish sauce toronto,hai yen fish sauce,vietnamese fish sauce singapore,megachef fish sauce malaysia,megachef brown label,unfiltered fish sauce,red boat fish sauce malaysia,vegetarian fish sauce recipe,substitute for fish sauce in pad thai,vegan fish sauce amazon,fish sauce shape,ocean's halo vegan fish sauce,vegetarian substitute for oyster sauce,thanh ha fish sauce singapore,new town fish sauce,thai fish sauce,bun recipe,best nam pla,what is thai fish sauce used for,fish sauce ingredients,bun xa,squid brand fish sauce recipe,nuoc mam recipe vinegar,vietnamese fish sauce recipe for vermicelli,squid brand fish sauce,vietnamese dressing nuoc cham,fermented fish sauce