A ketogenic diet is one that involves a very low-carb, moderate protein, and high fat intake. This type of diet has seen recent prominence in the medical community as it can help with many different health concerns like epilepsy and neurological disorders. The best part about this particular meal is how quick to make!
The “keto london broil marinade” is a delicious keto-friendly marinade that will make your London Broil taste amazing. The recipe uses only five ingredients and takes less than ten minutes to make.
You’re looking for a fast and delicious recipe that will wow your family. Then you should absolutely try this recipe for Keto grilled London broil. On days when you don’t feel like cooking all day, this flavorful dish is the ideal choice since it’s simple to prepare and full of flavor.
With just 3 grams of carbohydrates per serving, this meal is ideal for individuals following a ketogenic diet. In addition to being keto-friendly, this grilled London broil is Whole30 compliant, sugar-free, gluten-free, and low in carbs.
This keto London broil would go well with a variety of side dish options. You could try serving this steak with some cauliflower mash or sautéed vegetables if you are on the low-carb, high-fat side.
Summary of Contents
Describe London Broil.
In North America, beef is prepared as the London broil by marinating it and then grilling it over high heat. Initially, the favored meat cut was flank steak. However, nowadays practically any kind of meat may be used to make this meal. After the meat has finished cooking, you must slice it thinly before serving.
I like that the meat has to marinade since that is what gives the finished meal its great taste. But when I make keto London broil, I like to use a bigger cut of beef, such top round steak.
The fact that I don’t broil it in the oven is another significant variation between the original recipe and how I like to prepare it. I’ve discovered that cooking it on a cast-iron griddle yields the most wonderful results after having made it a few times.
Ingredients for the keto London Broil Marinade
You’ll need to collect the following items to prepare the steak marinade:
- sour cream
- Sauce worcestershire
- White wine for cooking (or lemon juice)
- Almond oil
- cloves of garlic (or garlic powder)
- garlic powder
- powdered cayenne pepper
- minced thyme
You’ll also need to add some kind of sugar to the meat marinade if you want the meat to have that umami taste. The following are some examples of sweeteners: honey, agave syrup, brown sugar, maple syrup, erythritol, monk fruit, etc.
Once everything is ready, combine everything, add the meat to the bowl, and then evenly pour the marinade over the meat. The steak should marinade for at least two to three hours (best if left overnight).
Recommendation: For less mess and a speedier fix, put the meat and all of the marinade’s other Ingredients into a zip-top bag. In this manner, when the steak has marinated, you won’t need to wash anything.
Keto London Broil Recipe
To create this Keto grilled London broil, you need follow these 5 fundamental steps:
- When preparing the beef, it’s crucial to tenderize the flesh by poking it as often as you can with a fork.
- Simply combine all of the marinade Ingredients in a dish or zip-top bag to prepare the marinade.
- The optimal time to marinade meat is for at least two to three hours (the longer you marinate the meat, the better).
- Cook the beef: I like to make keto London broil on a cast iron grill, but you can also prepare it the old-fashioned manner by broiling it in the oven. You may also try using an air fryer, crock pot, instant pot, or slow cooker for cooking.
- Don’t chop the meat immediately soon once it has finished cooking; let it rest. Only after letting it sit for at least five minutes should you slice it and serve.
Unsure about the ideal side dish to serve with this keto London broil? Here are some delicious suggestions for you to consider:
You may also serve this steak with some blue cheese sauce or gochujang sauce on the side.
Instructions for Storing
If you have leftover keto London broil, put it on a platter or in an airtight container and wrap it in plastic wrap. After doing that, put the leftovers in the fridge. In this manner, they may be kept for two to three days.
The keto London broil is a dinner that freezes well. Simply place the beef slices in a zipper bag or container and set it in your freezer to freeze the steak. You should be able to keep it this way for up to three months. Then, whenever you’re ready to serve it, just defrost the beef overnight in the refrigerator or in the microwave.
Keto grilled London broil
One serving of this Keto grilled London broil contains only 3 grams of carbs, making it perfect for those living a keto life. Aside from being keto-friendly, this tasty dish is also gluten-free, sugar-free, low-carb, and Whole30 friendly.
15 minutes to prepare
15 minutes for cooking
Keep in the fridge 12 hours over night
12 hours 30 minutes in total
Energy 237 kcal
- a 2-pound top round steak
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp Sauce worcestershire
- White cooking wine, 2 tablespoons
- 1 tbsp Almond oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp minced thyme
- ¼ tsp powdered cayenne pepper
- pepper and salt as desired
- With a fork, stab the steak as many different ways as you can.
- In a bowl, mix all the Ingredients to make the meat marinade: sour cream, Sauce worcestershire, white cooking wine, Almond oil, garlic, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- The steak should be added, evenly covered with the marinade, and left in the fridge overnight.
- Warm up the steak for approximately an hour at room temperature.
- For ten to fifteen minutes, heat up your cast-iron griddle over medium-high heat.
- Place the steak on the griddle after spritzing it with cooking oil. Cook it for 7-8 minutes, then turn it over and cook it for a further 7-8 minutes on the other side.
kilocalories: 237 2g of carbohydrates 37g of protein Fat: 7g 2g of saturated fat 1 g of polyunsaturated fat 4g of monounsaturated fat 92mg of cholesterol Salt: 1214 mg 642 milligrams of potassium 1g of fiber Sucrose: 1g 43 IU of vitamin A 1 mg of vitamin C 47 mg. calcium Fe: 4 mg
Grilled London broil, keto diet, and steak are some related terms.
The “quick london broil marinade” is a quick and easy way to prepare London Broil. This recipe includes ingredients that can be found in most kitchens.
- keto london broil slow cooker
- grilled london broil marinade
- london broil soy sauce marinade
- low calorie london broil marinade
- soy free london broil marinade