This light beer cheese sauce is smooth and creamy with a slight beer taste and aroma. Nibble on chips or a soft pretzel.
Watching the game on TV and want a snack? You can’t go wrong with soft pretzels and this beer cheese sauce. Perfect for dipping, and everyone loves it.
We stick to a fairly simple mix of cheddar and beer, but you can modify this sauce with a different cheese or beer if you wish. The combination possibilities are endless.
Do you like hop aromas? Take the IPA. How about a sweeter, tastier dip? Go for the Hefeweizen. For something unusual, add blue cheese or Stilton.
Beer and cheese sauce Ingredients
The only thing you need for this is
- Seasoning (salt, pepper, garlic salt and Dijon mustard)
The small amount of ingredients means you have everything you need to make a bowl of beer cheese.
As mentioned, you can substitute most beers and cheeses if you don’t have regular lager and cheddar on hand. Hard cheese is the best option for this sauce, and some of the best are Gouda, Gruyère, Fontina, Swiss and Emmental.
For beer, you can use a Pale Ale, an IPA (which adds extra bitterness and hop aroma), a Blonde or Red Ale, or even a Guinness. I prefer something light with a low IBU, so I’ll stick with pilsner or lager.
Combine this dip with our homemade soft pretzels and you have the perfect game day snack or addition to your party table.
THEY CAN LOVE
How’s this recipe? Don’t forget where you found it! Save it on Pinterest for later! Follow us on Pinterest too to see more great recipes like this in your feed.
Also keep an eye on Facebook and Twitter for updates!
If you make this recipe, take a picture and tag it with the hashtag #savoredsips – we’d love to see your creations on Instagram!
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 glass of lager or light beer
- 8 Unzen Cheddar-Käse, sieved medium or sharp
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, if desired
- Put butter and flour in a frying pan over medium heat. Whisk together while the butter melts. Add garlic powder, mustard, salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add beer, whisking constantly to make a smooth sauce. Cook for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened slightly. If too thick, add more beer.
- Gradually add cheese and stir until melted.
- Serve immediately with soft pretzels or other pasta.
Quantity per serving : Calories : 350Total fat: 25gSaturated fat: 14gTrans fat: 1gSaturated fat: 8gCholesterol: 71mgSodium: 730mgCarbons: 9gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 14g
Do you like it? Secure for later!
Laura is the founder and editor of travel blogs and Savored Journeys. It is dedicated to sharing the best information about the drinks available in the world.
3-ingredient beer cheese dip,pretzel beer cheese dip,best beer for beer cheese dip,mamaw’s beer cheese recipe,beer cheese spread recipe,crockpot beer cheese dip,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,Pretzilla Bread Soft Pretzel,Labriola Handcrafted Artisan Sof…,Pretzilla soft pretzel bites,Pretzilla Soft Pretzel Bread Bites,Great Value Pretzel Bites,Labriola Soft Pretzel Bites with…,See more,beer cheese sauce for pasta,warm beer cheese dip