Published : 5. January 2021 – Modified: 5. January 2021 by Laura – This post may contain affiliate links.
This super easy chicken and broccoli recipe is just one of my easy pan recipes that I love. It’s so delicious and it’s never been easier to put a healthy dinner on the table that everyone will want to eat.
My collection of simple pancakes dates back to before I started blogging about cooking.
I guess I’ve always been really busy. Can you understand that? There never seem to be enough hours in the day. To have a healthy dinner on the table, you need to plan ahead.
That’s why I live a quick and easy dinner most nights of the week. I cook every day. But I still have an arsenal of easy things to make for dinner.
I made this recipe for Chinese chicken and broccoli years ago. I like to order Chinese food on busy nights, but Chinese takeout is often full of calories and MSG. I needed an alternative, so I came up with this quick, healthy dinner.
What you will like in this recipe.
- User-friendly freezer. This dish is perfect for pre-cooking and freezing. I recommend doubling the recipe and freezing it to save cooking time later in the month. (Note 1)
- Quick and easy. This super easy chicken casserole recipe takes less than 20 minutes to make.
- The man agreed. Kids and fussy eaters love this recipe.
It’s one of my healthiest chicken and broccoli recipes. This recipe is essentially a recipe for roasted chicken and broccoli cooked in a saucepan.
For this recipe, you’ll make a simple sauce. Just marinate the chicken briefly, usually long enough to cut the broccoli and preheat the oven.
- Chicken: Chicken breasts or chicken thighs are fine. Buy them boneless and skinless to save on preparation.
- Broccoli: I usually buy 3-4 crowns of broccoli for this recipe. When I freeze marinated chicken, I buy broccoli the same day (or a few days before) to make this recipe.
- Soy sauce: If you are gluten free, use tamari.
- Rice vinegar. You can also substitute sherry vinegar for this recipe if you don’t have rice vinegar on hand.
- Oh, dear. You can use honey or brown sugar to give this recipe a sweet and salty flavor. If you are on a ketogenic diet, replace the sugar with 1-2 tablespoons.
- Corn starch. Corn starch is used as a thickener for this sauce. You can also use arrowroot powder.
- Garlic and ginger. Use either fresh garlic and ginger or, as a shortcut, the canned variety you can find in the vegetable section of the grocery store.
- Sesame oil
This simple pan recipe can be prepared and cooked the same day OR you can make it in advance. Sesame chicken and broccoli also make good frozen meals.
Preheat the oven immediately if you want to make this recipe.
A useless step: If you want to serve this recipe with rice, start with the rice so it’s ready when the chicken comes out of the oven.
Step 1 – Prepare the sauce.
Mix all sauce ingredients in a bowl or in the freezer if you want to freeze the dish.
PRO TIP : Make a double batch of chicken and fry the sauce. Freeze a batch. Now you’re a kitchen genius!!!
Step 2 – Cut the broccoli into florets.
Place the chicken and broccoli on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. You can also use any vegetable here.
Step 3 – When you are ready to cook.
Preheat the oven to 425℉. Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Change the vegetables. Broccoli is super simple, but if you want a little more variety, you can add red peppers, mushrooms, and onions.
- Serve with cauliflower rice. If you’re on a ketogenic or low-carb diet, serve this Asian-inspired dinner with this low-carb cauliflower rice.
Frequently asked questions and expert advice
How to make chicken and broccoli ice cream.
To make this recipe safe for the freezer, simply make a sesame and ginger stir-fry sauce and then put the chicken and sauce in the freezer. Keep in the freezer for several months.
When you’re ready to cook, preheat the oven and add your favorite vegetables. Bake in a baking pan lined with parchment paper for 20 to 25 minutes.
Other easy recipes you like.
➽ Did you make this recipe? If you liked it, please leave a note and a comment 5 ★ ! I love hearing from you! Follow me @foodologygeek on your favorite social media channel! Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest.
Fried Chicken and Broccoli Dinner Recipe
This ultra-fast, ultra-simple, overcooked broccoli is one of my favorite frozen meals for the whole family.
Dinner, main course
377 kcal of calories
Chicken and Broccoli
- This recipe uses chicken thighs, but you can also use boneless chicken breasts. You’ll need about 2 to 3 pounds of chicken. I would use 2-3 boneless chicken breasts or 6-8 boneless chicken thighs.
- Break the chicken into pieces.
- Cut the broccoli into florets and discard the stems.
Prepare roast sauce in blender
- Mix all ingredients in a baggie or zip-top bowl.
- Add the chicken to the sauce.
- PRO TIP : Store marinated chicken in the refrigerator OR freezer. You can make a double batch and cook one tonight and freeze the second batch for later in the month.
When you are ready to cook.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Start with the thawed and marinated chicken.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the broccoli into florets and spread them over half the pan.
- Use tongs to place the chicken on the other half of the baking sheet. It’s fine if you add some sauce to the pan. I like to use half the sauce in the pan.
- Bake for 12 to 20 minutes. Check halfway through the cooking time and cook the chicken. The larger the pieces of chicken, the longer the cooking time.
- Serve with rice, sliced scallops and toasted sesame seeds.
- How to freeze: If you want to freeze this easy chicken recipe, prepare the sauce in the freezer and add the chicken. Squeeze all the air out of the bag, seal it and place it in the freezer. When you’re ready to cook, remove the chicken from the freezer and let it thaw for a few hours in the fridge or on the counter.
- Signs : Heat a large skillet and add the chicken to the pan with the sauce. Sear over medium-high heat until chicken is cooked through. Add the broccoli and cook for a few minutes until tender. You can cover the pan to speed up this step. To thicken the sauce, add cornstarch (1 tablespoon cornstarch + ¼ cup water) and bring to a boil.
- Direct Potential Clues : Preheat the instant pot with the stir-fry function, then add the chicken with the sauce. Fry the chicken until cooked through. Add the broccoli and close the pan, set the instant pot to manual mode for 4 minutes. To thicken the sauce, add cornstarch (1 tablespoon cornstarch + ¼ cup water) and bring to a boil.
Calories: 377kcalCarbon fat: 42gProtein: 34gFat: 11gSaturated fat: 3gCholesterol: 111mgSodium: 1322mgFiber: 13gSugar: 17gCalcium: 259mgIron: 5mg
The key word is chicken, ice cream, pancakes.
(visited once, visited once today)
creamy chicken and broccoli, chinese chicken broccoli stir fry, garlic chicken and broccoli, chicken and broccoli casserole, spicy chicken and broccoli, broccoli mushroom stir fry chinese, chinese chicken and broccoli recipes, gluten free chicken and broccoli, chicken broccoli, carrots recipe, chicken broccoli stir fry spicy, ground chicken and broccoli, optavia chicken and broccoli, chicken and broccoli for toddlers, chicken and broccoli pasta recipes, chicken and broccoli casserole recipes, taste of home chicken and broccoli, butter chicken and broccoli, dinner broccoli, chicken and broccoli crockpot, chicken broccoli noodle stir fry, chicken and broccoli salad, chicken and broccoli stir-fry taste, baked chicken broccoli recipes, garlic chicken and broccoli pasta, indian butter chicken with broccoli, chicken broccolini pasta, creamy garlic chicken and broccoli, chicken stir fry video, 5 ingredient chicken and broccoli recipe