Did you know that there are over 100 million BBQ sauce recipes on the internet?! That’s right, it’s true – and many of them are so simple and easy to make that you could probably whip up a batch in 10 minutes. We love BBQ sauce, don’t we? Give this homemade recipe a try and you’ll agree.
I have been searching for the perfect BBQ sauce recipe for years. It all started when I got married and my wife and I decided to buy a smoker. We quickly learned that BBQ is an important element of our lives, so we quickly went about learning how to cook pit-cooked meats. The first thing we bought (after learning to cook) was a smoker. Sadly, as a novice in the BBQ world, we had no clue how to cook with one. It was a sad day for us when we realized that the only BBQ sauce we knew of was that which came from the bottle.
How many of us love BBQ sauce? I know I love BBQ sauce, and I’m always looking for new ways to include it in my meals.Barbecue sauce is one of those things you have to have in your house. They have many uses. Add it to your favorite burgers or hot dogs, use it to flavor your fries or ribs. This homemade barbecue sauce is a delicious blend of vibrant flavors: Ketchup for the umami flavor, sugar for the sweetness, apple cider for the sourness, and lots of spices to enhance the flavor. This barbecue sauce is a classic recipe, but there are many variations: South Carolina, Texas style, Korean, Alabama white, Kansas style and others. Smoky, spicy, sweet….. Basically anything your taste buds like. You can drink the sauce by the gallon. But don’t take our word for it, see for yourself.
Ingredients for barbecue sauce
There are a few basic ingredients to make a barbecue sauce:
– Ketchup – not only adds a tangy sweetness, but is also the main ingredient of the sauce. The umami (or meaty) taste comes from there too.
– Apple cider vinegar – adds zest to balance the sweetness of the ketchup and sugar.
– The brown sugar softens the sauce and gives it that classic sweetness you expect from a barbecue sauce. You can add less sugar if needed.
– Herbs and spices – this recipe needs all the spices to add different layers of flavor. Make sure you don’t skip any!
How to make the best barbecue sauce
This recipe couldn’t be simpler. Place all ingredients in a saucepan and simmer for 30 minutes until mixture is smooth, thick and glossy.
Tips for making the best barbecue sauce
– The chili powder in this recipe is not the same as cayenne pepper. In the United States, chili powder is a mixture of several spices. Add 2 tablespoons paprika, 2 teaspoons dried oregano, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, ¾ teaspoon onion powder and ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (if you want spice).
– To thicken the sauce, simmer for another 15 minutes.
– Use smoked paprika if you like a lot of smoke in your homemade barbecue sauce.
– Do not let the sauce boil on high heat. Instead, simmer over low heat (a colander may be helpful to prevent splashing).
Use of barbecue sauce
– Coat the chicken with the sauce and bake in the oven (this marinade is suitable for whole chicken, chicken fillets or even better chicken wings).
– I use it for pork chops, especially in a slow cooker. It will be full of flavor and the meat will fall off the bone.
– The sauce can be used in any recipe for cooking pork or chicken.
– It’s a great sauce for chips, nachos and even pretzels.
– Adding sauce to a burger or hot dog…. Or anything else you like!
Barbecue Sauce Variations
– To make it sweeter, add more brown sugar and simmer for another 5 minutes.
– Add more apple cider vinegar if you like the tangy taste.
– For a spicier barbecue sauce, add more chili powder and cayenne pepper.
– Make it sugar free with a sugar substitute (also good for keto).
– If you want a vegan barbecue sauce, replace the Worcestershire sauce with a vegan alternative.
Preserving homemade barbecue sauce
Allow the cooked barbecue sauce to cool to room temperature. Transfer to a clean jar and store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. You can also freeze the sauce. Put the sauce in a Ziploc bag and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the freezer before using.
Put the ketchup in a small sauce pan over medium-high heat.
Add the Hungarian paprika, turmeric (or dry mustard), ground cumin, ground cloves (if using) and brown sugar.
Then add the apple cider vinegar, water, molasses, Worcestershire sauce, garlic puree and black pepper.
Stir and bring the mixture to a boil. Turn the heat down to low and cook for another 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
You can also put your own spin on this sauce by adding your favorite canned fruit. This is a great way to use up leftover jam.If you are a true BBQ lover, this is the best recipe for you. You can make BBQ sauce in a few minutes, and you don’t have to use it as a condiment. You can add it in your dishes and make fantastic sauces. You can also use it to marinate your meat. This is a great recipe for you to make in the summer.. Read more about smoky bbq sauce recipe and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you make BBQ sauce from scratch easy?
BBQ sauce is a classic dish of summertime. In order to make the best BBQ sauce, you need a few essentials. First, you’ll need a recipe for the base, which can be anything from gravy to tomato sauce. Second, you need to add some extra ingredients to the base dish. These are usually things like Worcestershire sauce, mustard, or brown sugar. Third, you need to add some extra flavors to the sauce that are not in the base. These might be things like garlic, onion, or spices. Finally, you need to add some extra liquid to the sauce. There are a lot of ways to make BBQ sauce. Some are more complicated than others, but they all have at their center a basic mix of sweet, spicy, and savory flavors.
How do I make barbecue sauce?
If you choose to go the homemade route, you can either purchase a recipe book or order one online. The first step is to choose a recipe. Then it’s time to gather the ingredients, such as: The Meat: Pork, beef, chicken, turkey, veal, and lamb, are all great options. The Vegetables: Onions, peppers, and fresh or canned tomatoes are all great for making the BBQ sauce. The Ingredients: Natural or artificial spices, garlic, and other ingredients can also be added to make your BBQ sauce tasty and more flavorful. After you have collected all of the ingredients, you’ll want to mix them together. After the mixture has been combined, cover the The great thing about barbecue sauce is that you can make it as spicy as you want, whether it’s a mild ketchup or a fire-cider sauce. For this dish, we’ve made a lighter version with just a few spices, making it perfect for a summer barbecue.
What makes Kansas City BBQ Sauce different?
There is no one roast beef sandwich that is the best—that is subjective. What you like to eat depends on your personal tastes. Every one of us has our own unique set of likes and dislikes when it comes to food. Some people love thick gravy, others thick barbecue sauce, some like their meat dry. Some like their meat charred, others prefer it more medium rare. Some like their meat well done, others like it rare. Kansas City barbecue sauce is a sauce that is very similar to Kansas City style sauce, but it has a different taste. There are a few ingredients that make Kansas City barbecue sauce different from Kansas City style sauce. While Kansas City style sauce contains molasses, Kansas City barbecue sauce doesn’t. Other ingredients that make Kansas City barbecue sauce different from Kansas City style sauce include vinegar, cumin, and pepper. Kansas City barbecue sauce is relatively mild in taste. Kansas City barbecue sauce usually has a sweet and sour flavor and a tomato taste.
simple bbq sauce recipebbq sauce recipe for chickenbeef bbq sauce recipesouthern bbq sauce recipeaward winning bbq sauce recipesbbq sauce recipe for ribsPeople also search for,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,Liquid smoke,Worcester… sauce,Ketchup,Mustard,Vinegar,Chili pepper,See more,Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue…,Bachan's Original Japanese…,Mississippi Barbecue Sauce "Ori…,Heinz BBQ Sauce Classic 57…,Primal Kitchen BBQ Sauce,Scott's Carolina Barbecue…,Barbeque Sauce Lillie's Q,Eastern Carolina BBQ Sauce,Heinz Carolina Vinegar St…,Sticky Fingers Carolina C…,Bull's‑Eye Carolina Style Barb…,Stubb's Original Sauce,Stubb's Bar B Q Sauce,Stubb's Bar‑B‑Q Sauce Stic…,Stubb's Bar‑B‑Q Sauce,Stubb's Simply Sweet Re…,Stubb's Sweet Honey & S…,texas bbq sauce recipe,sweet baby ray's bbq sauce recipe,spicy bbq sauce recipe,competition bbq sauce recipe,smoky bbq sauce recipe,bbq sauce recipe for pulled pork,bbq sauce recipe with cumin,homemade bbq sauce without ketchup