Why don’t you try it?
Fresh Mango Salsa
Habanero Mango Sauce
Error: The file name is not specified.
- 2 eggs
tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 avocado
tablespoon lemon juice
- Fresh grass
- 1 tablespoon
diced red onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sriracha sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Celsius. You can also use a toaster oven.
- Butter both sides of the bread and toast them in a preheated oven or toaster oven, keeping an eye on the bread.
- Fill a small pan with enough water and bring to a boil, add the distilled white vinegar (if using), while the water is boiling, break each egg into small bowls. When the water reaches the boiling point and is still boiling, turn off the heat and carefully place one egg at a time, cover and poach the egg for about 5 minutes.
- While you are waiting for the eggs, take out the toast in case there are no more. Put the avocado in a bowl and mash it with a fork, add the lemon juice, onion, salt and pepper and mix. Feel free to use other ingredients in the avocado puree. Spread the avocado on toast (one side).
- At this stage, the eggs should be cooked. Take them out, dry them on kitchen paper on a plate and place them on toast with the avocado mixture.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper. I wanted a little spice and sprinkled with sriracha sauce.
- Serve and enjoy! I added some sausage and tomato.
Don’t forget to sign up for the free Aliyahsrecipesandtips newsletter and receive notifications of new posts directly to your inbox.
If you try any of my recipes, feel free to evaluate it and leave your opinion. I’d also love to see what you found. Tag me on social media @aliyah_recipes #aliyahrecipes.
Follow me on social media:
Cooking with Alia’s recipes
Update: First published on October 19, 2017.
Frequently asked questions
Are avocado and egg on toast healthy?
It’s a light, easy and healthy breakfast, snack or meal made with protein! Easy to make, delicious and full of flavor. If you haven’t eaten egg and avocado toast for breakfast, now is the time! … I love that it’s a balanced dish with good carbs (whole wheat bread), lots of protein (eggs) and healthy fats (avocado!).
Is avocado toast good for weight loss?
As with the warnings above, portion size and toppings can make or break the weight loss benefits of avocado toast. “While avocado toast can be very healthy, it is possible to gain weight if you are not careful about portion size,” says Javitz.
Why is avocado toast bad?
It’s not a full breakfast. Because it is a fruit, avocado is very low in protein…. Avocado toast consists mainly of carbohydrates and fats. To make avocado toast whole grain, you need whole grain bread and an egg on top.
avocado toast with scrambled egg,poached egg breakfast sandwich,poached egg breakfast bowl,avocado chilli and poached egg on toast,avocado toast with egg calories,avocado breakfast ideas no bread,avocado toast with poached egg calories,poached egg on toast with hollandaise,avocado toast with poached egg near me,how to eat poached eggs on toast,avocado toast with poached egg and salmon,avocado toast fine dining,poached egg with avocado sandwich,avocado toast genius kitchen,recipe for avocado toast,poached egg recipe,sous vide poached eggs,hollandaise sauce,avocado and scrambled egg toast,smashed avocado with feta and dukkah,smashed avocado and feta calories,avocado toast with feta and balsamic,poached eggs on sourdough calories,smashed avocado jamie oliver,smashed avocado, bacon egg,egg avocado omelette,smashed avocado recipe,avocado breakfast recipes for weight loss,avocado toast with egg and bacon,avocado toast with hard boiled egg,avocado toast egg-in a hole,the egg and i avocado toast,how to poach an egg,avocado toast with poached egg and bacon,avocado toast with poached egg and feta,avocado toast recipe